Monday, June 11, 2012

The Grocery Store and Success

One of the chores I dislike the most is grocery shopping. A failure for planning what to buy and what meals to prepare leaves me open for a disastrous shopping experience. My dislike to for the experience positions me to want to move fast and make quick choices. My lack of planning often opens me up to be forgetful and leave the store without something I desperately needed. I know the solution to this problem. It is better planning and an appropriate pace, it is the discipline to want to overcome the negative outcomes and have a positive shopping experience.

grocerycart01

Success in our personal or professional careers may be an analogy to the grocery store experience. The good news is that there is a solution to achieving success. It requires planning and an appropriate pace. Knowing the desired end result and creating a plan for a path to get there is important. Pursuing that path at an appropriate pace is also critical. Going too fast we may burn out early. Going too slow may limit our options, or we may find the doors closed as we approach a desired milestone.

Approaching your life and career unprepared and without a plan could limit your success.

What is your plan?

 

- DEG

2 comments:

  1. It's almost as if every other day a new company or on-line e cigarette retailer pops out of nowhere claiming to offer the next best thing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Competition is often good, but sometimes it causes hardship until the best businesses emerge. Commodity products and on-line retail can certainly be very tough. I always think the business needs to think about their value add. How do you become and maintain being "the best thing around?" Thanks for your comment!

      Delete