Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Take Chances

“I didn’t stand a chance!”

How often have you heard this phrase? How often have you said it? Most people would likely agree on the meaning of this phrase to be - given a particular opportunity there was absolutely no possible way to win or be successful.

TakeAChance01

Many people lack the self-confidence to take risks. They view the risk associated with chance, as too risky. They see the opportunities in front of them as a disaster, a dead end, or something that they will never attain. If you try nothing new, take no risk, see opportunities through the lens of “I don’t stand a chance,” then guess what? You will never know the amount of success you could have achieved.

Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook fame has a motto, “Move fast and break things.” Apparently this motto was adopted as a core value in the organization. A core value which ultimately may have helped them achieve such high levels of success. They took chances, and so can you.

Risk isn’t for everyone, then again, neither is success. Are you taking chances?

 

- DEG

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

    That said, I'd add: Are you preparing your mind?

    Good post. Last two paragraphs were powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this comment! Greatly appreciated!!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Dennis, just got a copy of your book - 90/90 - and all I can say to your readers:

    IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THIS BLOG YOU NEED A COPY OF DENNIS'S BOOK 90/90!!!

    It's one of those books I will refer to often ... I can see myself picking it up when I need a friend to inspire me; to motivate me; to give me the push I need to succeed.

    Thanks for the effort and work involved in creating 90/90!

    Much Appreciated!
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stan - thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete