Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Sneakers

The other kid on the playground, your brother or sister, or the kid down the street; I remember whenever I got a new pair of sneakers that I was suddenly faster. I could challenge the other kids, run hard and run fast. I wouldn’t quit, I couldn’t give up, and often I could win. It probably wasn’t that I was exceptionally fast, and I did get beat, but it was because I was determined that I could do it.

Sneakers01

A positive mindset, determination, and a never give up attitude. Many of us may have experienced “the sneakers make us faster” scenario. Do these childhood experiences carry on in our hearts forever? Desire, determination, and a positive mind set may make the difference for adults who want to create success.

It’s not too late, put on a new pair of sneakers!

- DEG

7 comments:

  1. Those look old school. I remember them being popular in the mid 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are old school - I was trying to draw out the "old guys" with the picture. I think they were called Trax or Traxx. Somewhat afraid to admit it, but I had some of these!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Old Guys (I am told) grew up w/ PF Flyers, and Keds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...walked to school up hill both ways, in a snow storm like we never have anymore, while carrying their lunch in an old bucket!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:31 PM

      Time to stop while you're ahead. haha ;-)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Humanity needs inspiration!

    People crave short stories that inspire.

    Yours do. (especially when you end with a question!)

    Why not put them into a book form? ...sell them to your followers. (or do you?)

    I'd buy one!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! I do have a book on its way, it should be available in late September or early October. I will be posting more about its release on my website, Facebook, and likely in this blog.

      Facebook ( www.facebook.com/deg.speaker )
      Website ( www.dennisegilbert.com )

      Great to know that you enjoy the posts!

      Delete