Monday, May 21, 2012

Backwards Energy

“Never look back” this and other mantra’s seem almost commonplace in our lives. Everyone who has had a rough day, a rough week, or some on-going difficulty has often heard this or similar advice. It’s good advice.

 Energy01

In some cases looking back can give us energy. We find comfort in things that are familiar; we fondly remember happy moments with friends and family, moments of inspiration and happiness. We draw energy from those positive moments of the past. Here are a few examples:

“It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that song, it was so great to hear it again.”

“I haven’t been here [a place] in years, I forgot how awesome it is here.”

“It’s been awhile since my last workout, wow that felt good.”

Reflecting on past successes, past moments of happiness and inspiration help us build positive hope for the future. Make today a day you look back, not at the moments that bring you down, but at the moments that brought you up. There are more of those in your future, you control your destiny and you can make it happen!

 What is your energizing memory?

- DEG

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 AM

    I am energized by your archive! I am inspired by your efforts to bring about daily "positive discussions." Hopefully others are too.

    Your whole-hearted commitment to this work should be recognized; and you commended!

    Perhaps someday in the future you can speak to Prosperity and Abundance. I would like to read your thoughts about those areas of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prosperity and abundance are fantastic topics! As you probably already recognize there is some cross-over in the "topic title" when also compared with "topic content." I love the thought and I'm putting on my (paper and pencil) notepad! Thanks so much for your comment!!

      Delete